At this Saturday’s market we have the usual great range of homemade sourdough bread (who liked the new leek and potato loaf?!), cakes, scones as well as brilliant local cheese, pork, fruit and veg and more.
Next Wednesday 21st September we have the Food Surplus Café here, from 1-2.30pm. It is always a great meal and a great crowd so come and join us, pay what you can, for a delicious meal made from food that would otherwise go to waste.
Don’t forget! Save your apples and your bottles ready for our very exciting Apple, Beer and Cider Festival on 1st October. And if you have any eating apples you can donate let me know as we are making Toffee Apples here the week before ready to sell on the day.
Saturday Market guest stalls:
Potter’s Pantry – Homemade jams and chutneys made with allotment produce
Mary Drage cards – Handmade cards
Spoke Shop – Sandford’s bike repair team
On Fridays our café offers hot and cold drinks, great homemade cakes and scones plus a different soup each week and amazing sandwiches made using fab local ingredients.
On Saturdays our Market Café serves the best bacon and egg bap around, pastries, DIY toast, fresh coffee, teas and juice.
Available every Friday and Saturday:
* Bread from Cornfields family bakery, Wheatley
* ‘Sandford Sourdough’ baked here in the village
* Homemade cakes and scones
* Milk from Cotteswold Dairy (http://www.cotteswold-dairy.co.uk/)
* Free range eggs from Beechwood Farm and organic eggs from FAI in Whytham
* Great local pork from Jane and Mark Cooper
* Local jams, honey, sauces and apple juice
* Great English cheeses
* Lovely yoghurt and butter
* SESI refill washing-up and laundry liquid
* Local beers
* Selection of wines from the Oxford Wine Company
* Our full corner shop range of basic goods (everything from beans to biscuits!)