Many people have been popping in during the week asking when we will be opening more days – it’s great to see this enthusiasm. Currently, we are still open just Fridays (9.30am-4.30pm) and Saturdays (9am-12noon) for the market. As soon as we know when the expanded opening hours will start we will shout it from the rooftops!
Tomorrow’s due to be a bright and warm morning for the café – perfect for enjoying our lovely garden (now full of herbs, flowers and vegetables) or for the little ones to enjoy the new play area. We will have homemade soup (made by regular volunteer Claire) as well as Anne’s fantastic cakes, shortbread and scones.
On Saturday at the market Mark of The Clays will be with us in person and bringing us the last of his sweet red desert gooseberries (if you’ve never tried them make sure to) and the first of his own tomatoes and cucumbers. Got a birthday coming up? Jax Designs has cards and Jane will have some of the amazing things Talking Shop’s Knit and Stitch group make.
Saturday Market guest stalls:
The Clays Market Garden: Fruit and vegetables – grown without chemicals.
Talking Shop Knit & Stitch – great handmade gifts
Porch Preserves – Jams and chutneys
JAX Designs: Handmade greetings cards for all occasions. Designs taken from original artwork and photography, along with 2D and 3D individually made cards featuring butterflies and birds.
On Fridays our café offers hot and cold drinks, great homemade cakes plus a different soup each week and amazing sandwiches made using fab local ingredients.
On Saturdays our Market Café serves the best bacon and egg bap around, pastries, DIY toast, fresh coffee, teas and juice.
Available every Friday and Saturday:
* Bread from Cornfields family bakery, Wheatley
* ‘Sandford Sourdough’ baked here in the village
* Milk from Cotteswold Dairy (http://www.cotteswold-dairy.co.uk/)
* Free range eggs from Beechwood Farm and organic eggs from FAI in Whytham
* Great local pork from Jane and Mark Cooper
* Local jams, honey, sauces and apple juice
* Great English cheeses
* Lovely yoghurt and butter
* SESI refill washing-up and laundry liquid
* Local beers
* Selection of wines from the Oxford Wine Company
* Our full corner shop range of basic goods (everything from beans to biscuits!)