Talking Shop’s Community Share offer closed on Monday having raised an incredible £27,750 – over our minimum of £25,000 needed. Generating these funds through the share offer is a huge success and a fantastic show of support for the work of Talking Shop. It is the vital foundation we needed to build towards opening through the week by the end of the year. We are now in the process of recruiting two new members of paid staff and buying the equipment which will allow us to open fully.
Another exciting local project – the Sandford Hydro – is now in the last few days of its share offer. The plan is to return the Lasher Weir on the Thames to its historic role as a provider of clean energy. The hydro scheme would generate a colossal 1,600 MWh of renewable electricity per year, which is the equivalent demand for about 450 households — or most of Sandford! See here (http://www.lowcarbonhub.org/projects/sandford-hydro) to find out more.
This week’s market sees Ally’s Kitchen back with cakes and puddings, Sandy Lane Farm veg, Porch Preserves jams and Maria with her clothing repair service as well as all our great dairy (make sure to have a look in the fridge), meat, apple juice, eggs, newspapers and more.
This week’s guest stalls:
Ally’s Kitchen – Delicious cakes
Make. Do. Mend. (http://www.mariaskoyles.co.uk) – Clothing repair service
Porch Preserves – Jams and chutneys
Available every week:
Our Market Café serving the best bacon and egg bap around, pastries, DIY toast, fresh coffee, teas and juice.
* Vegetables from Sandy (http://www.sandylanefarm.net/) Lane Farm (http://www.sandylanefarm.net/) or The Clays Market Garden
* Fresh bread and pastries from Cornfields family bakery, Wheatley and ‘Sandford Sourdough’ baked here in the village
* Milk and cream from Cotteswold Dairy (http://www.cotteswold-dairy.co.uk/)
* Free range eggs from Beechwood Farm and organic eggs from FAI in Whytham
* Great local pork from Jane and Mark Cooper
* Local jams, honey, sauces and apple juice
* Great English cheeses
* Lovely yoghurt and butter
* SESI refill washing-up and laundry liquid
* Local beers
* Selection of wines from the Oxford Wine Company
* Our full corner shop range of basic goods (everything from beans to biscuits!)