Funding update: we are doing really well and getting tantalisingly close to our £25, 000 target. We only need another 27 people investing £100 each to make it. However, without this final bit of money we cannot access any of the funds. So if you have been thinking about it – now is the time!
Jax Designs is back this Saturday with not just her greetings cards but also her eggshell pendants. These were so well received last month that she received a request for matching earrings, which she has made for this Saturday. Brilliantly, all the white eggshells come from our own FAI eggs sold here and she recycles them into jewellery. How lucky we are to have such an enterprising and creative soul at our market!
As well as Ally’s Kitchen’s fantastic cakes and puds we also have Marion Hiller
exhibiting her original watercolour paintings, already mounted and ready for framing. They are very colourful, and are based on the strong autumn colours of the trees and bushes at the Harcourt Arboretum nearby.
Finally, don’t forget we still sell a great range of dairy – if you can’t see it on the stall it’s because it’s in the fridge by the garden door. We now have single and double cream, crème fraiche and even lovely clotted cream too – perfect with one of Ally’s cakes!
This week’s guest stalls:
Ally’s Kitchen – Delicious cakes
Marion Hiller Art – Sandford artist’s paintings of Harcourt Arboretum
JAX Designs: Handmade jewellery and greetings cards for all occasions.
Available every week:
Our Market Café serving the best bacon and egg bap around, pastries, DIY toast, fresh coffee, teas and juice.
* Vegetables from Sandy (http://www.sandylanefarm.net/) Lane Farm (http://www.sandylanefarm.net/) or The Clays Market Garden
* Fresh bread and pastries from Cornfields family bakery, Wheatley and ‘Sandford Sourdough’ baked here in the village
* Milk and cream from Cotteswold Dairy (http://www.cotteswold-dairy.co.uk/)
* Free range eggs from Beechwood Farm and organic eggs from FAI in Whytham
* Great local pork from Jane and Mark Cooper
* Local jams, honey, sauces and apple juice
* Great English cheeses
* Lovely yoghurt and butter
* SESI refill washing-up and laundry liquid
* Local beers
* Selection of wines from the Oxford Wine Company
* Our full corner shop range of basic goods (everything from beans to biscuits!)