For anyone that has not made it along to our Open Days this week you are in for a nice surprise at this Saturday’s market. You will now be able to buy a much larger range of goods each week from the General Stall including:
* Milk and cream from Cotteswold Dairy (http://www.cotteswold-dairy.co.uk/) in Tewkesbury
* Local beers from Sandford’s own LAM Brewing, XT in Long Crendon and The Shotover Brewery in Horspath
* A great selection of wines from the Oxford Wine Company (prices from £4.99)
* Our full corner shop range of basic goods (everything from baked beans to chocolate biscuits, cat food to cling film!)
All these goods and more (including the market usuals – eggs, honey, apple juice etc) will also now be available to buy on Monday mornings (10am-12noon) and on Fridays (10am-2pm) plus other times when we are open for special events etc. If you would like to order newspapers or bread on Mondays or Fridays let me know. Another big change is we are very pleased to announce we can now accept card payments.
Of course, to bring wider community benefit and to make Talking Shop sustainable for the long-term we want to open the shop and café through the week. To do this we need start-up funding. As of today we are at £19, 300. So with another £5, 700 we can hit our minimum target of £25, 000. To find out how to contribute to the fund see our funding webpage (http://www.microgenius.org.uk/project-updates/sandford-talking-shop-ltd-41) .
This week’s guest stalls:
Porch Preserves – Jams and chutneys
JAX Designs: Handmade greetings cards for all occasions. Designs taken from original artwork and photography, along with 2D and 3D individually made cards featuring butterflies and birds.
Available every week:
Our Market Café serving the best bacon and egg bap around, pastries, DIY toast, fresh coffee, teas and juice.
* Vegetables from Sandy (http://www.sandylanefarm.net/) Lane Farm (http://www.sandylanefarm.net/) in Tiddington – THIS WEEK: Salad, fresh garlic, leeks, chard and more…
* Fresh bread and pastries from Cornfields family bakery, Wheatley and ‘Sandford Sourdough’ baked here in the village
* Milk and cream from Cotteswold Dairy (http://www.cotteswold-dairy.co.uk/)
* Free range eggs from Beechwood Farm and organic eggs from FAI in Whytham
* Great local pork from Jane and Mark Cooper
* Local jams, honey, sauces and apple juice
* Great English cheeses
* Lovely yoghurt and butter
* SESI refill washing-up and laundry liquid
* Local beers
* Selection of wines from the Oxford Wine Company
* Our full corner shop range of basic goods (everything from beans to biscuits!)