Over the past 4 years Talking Shop has built a team of over 60 volunteers aged 9 to 80 representing much of the breadth of our diverse community. That time has revealed the transformative impact that volunteering can have for individuals and for communities.
We now have our own space from which we are going to start up a community shop, café and garden to add to the established weekly market. We want the project model for these uses of the new space to have at its heart a volunteer skills development and training programme, able to welcome people of differing confidence levels and abilities, offering practical experience across all areas of our operation and particularly capable of supporting people who find it hard to engage with mainstream provision.
We’re recruiting for a new role, funded by a grant from Locality’s Our Place. The post will lead on the research, development, partnership work and planning necessary to establish the programme for delivery from April 2016. The model for the programme will include:
- ‘learn at your pace’ volunteering (suitable for multi-ability groups)
- a range of community education courses and accredited training schemes across all areas of our project (for example, gardening, food preparation, customer service, retail and hospitality)
- small enterprise seed fund and start-up support
- opportunities to retail through our café, community shop and weekly market
- coaching and mentoring from experienced local people.
Click to download the full job description – Job Description For Our Place Development Officer
Application by CV and covering letter (explaining how you meet the person specification) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Any questions should also be directed here.
Applications deadline: 6pm 22nd July 2015