Happy New Year!
This time last year we held a ‘New Year’s Party’ at the village hall in Sandford to introduce people to the concept of community shops and to see how much interest there was for starting something like that in the village. In April we had our first market and now, 9 months on from there, we have a busy weekly market and cafe. We’ve built up a team of 50+ volunteers, a great network of local producers and our takings (not profits!) to date total over £25,000. All of us are enjoying the opportunity to be a part of the community in a practical way and to get to know so many new people. Thanks to all of you for supporting us this far. We’ve got lots of ideas for 2012, we hope it will be an an exciting year for ‘Talking Shop’.
The Market & Cafe are open as usual on Saturday – winter opening hours 9am to midday.
The Alvi’s will be there and we’ll have a great range of all the usuals (lots of cheese, bread, dairy, eggs, fruit & veg, meat) and of course… (probably) the best bacon sandwich in town.
Foxbury January Specials – PRE-ORDER ONLY (we won’t stock these on the stall as the quantities are large)
- 2kg beef mince for £15
- 2kg diced beef for £18
- Pig ears – 50p a pair (great cooked for the dog)
- Pigs trotters – £1.30 per kg (recipe for stuffed trotters will be on the blog shortly and printed to take home at the meat stall this weekend)
Foxbury are no longer stocking fish, so for now we won’t be able to take orders for fish. We are going to explore other potential sources.
Lots of delicious parsnips, leeks, beetroot, swede, the first of the savoy cabbage, and lots more.
We’ll have some Talking Shop Special Offers too.
Orders to me on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 774661 –
- By Tuesday 6pm for dairy and fruit & veg – if you can, but do let me know if you want something and you miss that deadline (I am late sending this email out!)
- Everything else (bread and meat) by 6pm on Thursday
- Anything large or unusual let me know asap to guarantee you get what you want.
We’re still on winter opening hours at the moment – 9am to midday – despite the signs that suggest otherwise! Sorry about that!
Have a great week.
All the best,