A delicious soup!
- 25g / 1 oz butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 fat cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2.5cm / 1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 450g / 1lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium (275g / 10 oz) sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 110g / 4 oz ready to eat dried apricots
- 1 litre / 1 3/4 pints hot chicken or veg stock
- 2 tablespoons each pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1 x 200ml pot natural yoghurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt butter in large saucepan and stir in onion, garlic and ginger. Cook gently, partially covered, for 8-10 min until softened.
Stir the carrots, sweet potato, apricots and stock into the pan and season. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, partially covered, for 20 min or until the carrots are soft.
Meanwhile, toast the seeds in a small frying pan for 2-3 minutes, then tip into a bowl to cool.
Leave the soup to cool a little, then liquidise it until smooth. Reheat gently to serve. Serve in bowls with a swirl of yoghurt and a sprinkling of seeds.